"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Sunday, November 6, 2011

C is for Christ

Matthew 16:16
16Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Matthew 16:22
22And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying, "Far be it from you, Lord! This shall never happen to you."

I am often intrigued by Peter. One moment calling Him the Christ, and the next, rebuking Him. How could Peter do that.

Then I look at me. Haven't I accepted Him as Lord of my life? Don't I confess Him as Christ. So why is it that I often want to rebuke Him? Isn't that what I do every time I take matters into my own hands? If He is Lord, He should be in control. If I confess He is Christ, don't I also confess that I am not?

Aren't I just like Peter, walking on the water, looking around and seeing all the turmoil, and starting to sink. I need to see Him as more than just my Savior, I need Christ.

No comments: