"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God Doesn't Need Me

God doesn't need me. I have come to that realization a while ago, but was talking with someone tonight who has come to that place, and she doesn't like that idea.


I told her, you should take comfort in that thought!


But she was still feeling the pain of such an idea.


Yes, it is a tough realization at first. It first struck me on a ride home. I had just dropped my son off with his mother. I had lost my vocation, my family, and I was feeling sorry for myself. Hadn't I done some good things for God? Didn't He need me to continue? Why was this happening?


I suddenly realized that He didn't need me. I was devasted. I almost had to pull over, the feeling was so strong. But as I continued, I felt His arms around me. No, He didn't need me, but He wanted me.


Could I really served a God who needed me? Such a God would surely be small. But a God who doesn't need me, but who wants me, who loves me, that is a very big God. With a very big heart. That is a God I can serve, that is a God I can worship and love. And that is a thought I can find immense comfort in.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Amen. I find comfort in that too!