"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Monday, November 22, 2010

For crying out loud

I wasn't able to attend church service yesterday (probably a good thing), but I did have the opportunity to listen to the speaker's message. (I say speaker because preachers preach about Jesus, don't they?


He spoke of "Disciplining Your Child." He talked about 4 types of disciplining styles. He gave four benefits of discipline. He listed 4 ways to discipline. He gave an invitation at the end.


That's how people know they are in church.


Had I been there and had been wearing a robe, I am sure I would have torn it. Does tearing a polo shirt have the same impact?


Hosea 5:4 "Their deeds do not permit them to return to God. For the spirit of whoredom is within them, and they do not know the LORD."


What was their sin? It was making things other than God ultimate. Now I am sure that some do not like the use of the word whore. Talk to God, it was His illustration, not mine.


I am not really sure what needs to be said here, but I hope that God will guide me to say it when the time is right. Pray for me!

No comments: