"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tough Questions 4

Can you define an experiment to verify miracles?

I think this kinda defines the mentality of those who "look for signs." (Matthew 12:38-42)

I wonder if a sign were given, would they worship Him, or would they continue to argue? "Now that I know you are real, God, let's talk about starving children, the Middle East, racial discrimination, slavery, etc. I don't like the way you have arranged things here...

He is God. He is totally in charge. He is worthy of all praise. He is perfection. Why do we think we have better answers?

Proof or not, one day we will know, and on that day there will be no more questions. On that day he will answer it all in one moment when he reveals himself to us. On that day, every knee will bow in awe and fear. So I pray for those, who on that day will know, but it will be too late. I pray for those who demand a sign where none will be given.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

The sign was given - Christ is risen.

Merry Christmas! Hope it is filled with joy.