"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A gift of grace

Ephesians 3:7

 7Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace, which was given me by the working of his power.

Paul is such a humble God-worshipper. Everything in his life centered around the gospel. The good news. Somehow, Paul seemed to understand with certainty the message of hope like no one else. His ministry was never considered a burden. He viewed it as a blessing. Perhaps today's ministers might feel that way, in a parsonage or given a housing allowance, a salary which in some cases is generous and others maybe not so much, in a country where they are granted the freedom to boldly (if they choose) speak the Word. Paul did not have it quite so good. Yet he still considered it a gift. A gift in which God worked His power. A power so great that Paul could heal others, but not himself.

Even though I am not a minister, this passage speaks to me. For I too, am what I am by the gift of God's grace. And while I may not be able to heal others of their sicknesses, I can share the gospel and offer a healing for sin. Not through my works, but through the working of His power.

Lord, show us your power and glory. Amen.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

"For I too, am what I am by the gift of God's grace."

Amen. That reminds me that God's gifts are grace gifts.. no matter what our part of His body is.