"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Friday, March 18, 2011

That's Bigger Than I Thought!

Ephesians 1:7-10

Redemption is found in the blood of Christ. This is given through the grace of God. Every time I see or hear that word "grace," I need to remind myself, I don't desreve it. This is God's wonderful mercy to me. And grace wasn't merely handed to us, it was lavished on us. As if God, in His love, just couldn't give us enough grace. God doesn't supply redemption stingily or begrudgingly, but He pours it out.

God had a plan, and that plan was fulfilled in Christ. In Christ, redemption of everything would be accomplished. Creation would once again be able to be united.

As I read through the first 10 verses of Ephesians, I could not help but see how Paul exalts the glory of God. Ironically, it is somewhat subtle. I say that because the way that Paul speaks has become a sort of expected Christian language. But such a language did not exist in Paul's time. We use words like "blessed" and "grace" and so on without a thought to their true meaning. I wonder what Paul would think if someone sneezed and he heard another person respond, "Bless you." That is what I need to see in my life, the Gospel, the glorious grace of God, how truly blessed He is. And the depth of what He has lavished on me through His grace.

Wow.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Grace is definitely mind-boggling. Perhaps it is something that can only be discerned with the heart?