"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Long Journey, Part 10 (The Tide Goes Out)

It was kind of an awkward situation. I continued to preach a few more weeks until the "real" preacher came. Life went on and I was working my regular job and back to my regular life. Then my wife got a call from one of her college friends. She told us that her church was looking for a Youth Minister. Even though we were not pursuing such a move, we thought that the unexpected circumstances warrant that we at least consider the possibility.


But did we really want to get involved with a church in that way again?


That is the wrong question. The real question is, "What did God want us to do?"


Now let me say at this point, I was still not the spiritual person that I should have been. But I didn't know that. I thought that I had had enough life experiences and was prepared this.


Thankfully, the preaching minister was an incredible person who was also a great mentor. I will not dare to judge his walk with God, either positive or negative, but I will say that the enthusiasm and love that he displayed were an inspiration to me.


I spent 4 years there. There were ups and downs. We adopted a child while we were there. (An up!) The tide went in and came out as it always does. There are so many things I could write about, so many stories, but time does not allow. Suffice it to say that it was a learning experience for me. In more ways than I can express.


Next: We are going to have a baby! (Tomorrow!)

No comments: