"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Friday, May 7, 2010

My bulimic blog...

If you have visited my blog more than 3 times, you may have noticed that it tends to vary a lot in format and content. And that is because it is my personal, private space that I go to for expression. And that tends to take a lot of different formats.


You would also notice that I go through long (sometimes 2 months or so) periods of not posting and then sometimes post every day for a period of time. Same reason.


And occasionally I go through and purge old stuff, like I have just finished doing. I figure it makes it easier for me to find the things that are meaningful, and get rid of some of the junk. And there is some junk on there as I read old posts.


So I think I am a blogging bulemic, bingeing and purging along the way. And I am okay with that.


As I read through my old stuff, I found that I like the stories the best. And I have a ton of them (I will be 50 later this month, so I guess I should.) I also like the pics. So I have kept a lot of those, and hope to add more as the days go on.


My life is busy...I teach elementary kids, have 2 of my own still at home, married, elder at our church, and do what I can to show God I love him by serving Him in various ways. Blogging is fun and helpful, but not always a priority. So don't look for much to change here, I am not trying to save the world. I just want to impact my little corner of it.


Speaking of which, we are having our first elder's retreat this weekend. So much to talk about. Any prayers offered on our behalf would be greatly appreciated!


Sorry for rambling...but that is generally how my life works.

1 comment:

Mark (under construction) said...

No rambling here .... got to know you some - will be in prayer for the Retreat.