"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Well worth it.

I sit in my back yard, typing on the laptop, watching my children swim in the pool. It has been a long wait to get here. First, the school year had to end, which it finally did. (Amen!) Then there was the hours of pool preparation and work landscaping in the backyard. (Okay, still some yard work left to do.) But I am at a point where I can finally sit under the pavillion in the shade with a nice breeze blowing, watching my children play, listening to some classic Beach Boys, and catching up on the blog (it has been way too long).


It is wonderful, but it did not happen by accident and it took quite a bit of effort.


And to think, this does not compare to that which awaits in heaven. That too did not happen by accident, and there was some work involved...most of which was accomlished well before I was even born.


Hopefully I can get to the other computer and post a few pics later. But right now it is so nice out here.


...fun, fun, now that daddy took the T-Bird away...

1 comment:

Gregg Metcalf said...

Good to see you back! Wow, a backyad pool? Could have used one here this past Saturday. But wait a minute, this is our wettest June in 60 years. Well maybe a day or two here and there a pool woud be nice.

Pics would be great to see your handiwork and the kids having a blast!

Yes, thank God that the work for my redemption was already done!