"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Monday, October 25, 2010

Can you hear me now?

Isaiah 48:18   If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea.








Galatians 3:19  What, then, was the purpose of the law?


When I read the Bible sometimes I get bogged down in all of the stuff I am supposed to do. But the law was not put into place solely for the purpose of my obedience. It was put their to lead me to God. Isaiah tells me not just to obey, but to pay attention.


There is more to paying attention that just obedience. I need to look for God. Look for the reasons. Find out what God wants me to know, not just what he wants me to do.


That ain't always easy.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Good thoughts and reflection. I think paying attention is a matter of the heart.