Apparently, this is the second year for this offer. Last year's event doubled their regular Sunday attendance for the Easter Sunday Service.
So many thoughts are running through my head, I know I will lose a few before I finish typing:
- What were the long-term results of this? Did the church grow? Were people brought to Christ?
- How about the offering that Sunday? Did the extra people give to offset or even overcome the $1,000 cost?
- What is the message we are sending?
- I know that Jesus fed followers, but didn't he later also say that they were only following to fill their stomachs?
- If one of the goals is to help in the stuggling economy, what if someone "wins" who is not in need?
- Do you put envelopes under the seat of the winners, or draw names?
- What other things is this church doing to help those who are struggling right now?
- Does the winner have to claim this on their taxes?