"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in him in the midst of loss, not prosperity." --John Piper

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Daddy!

Ephesians 4:1

1I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of( the calling to which you have been called,

I want to do longer sections of Scripture, but it just seems that Paul packs so much into each verse!

Therefore, whenever I see that word, I want to look back and see what it refers to. In chapter 3, Paul has impressed on the reader the importance of understanding the scope of God’s love and how that needs to impact our lives. It certainly has impacted his, as he calls himself a “prisoner” of the Lord. Paul is compelled to surrender himself to God because of his knowledge of God’s love for him.

It’s like when I am sitting on the lazy boy, and my son crawls in my lap. I ask him what he wants, and he says, “Nothing, I just want you.” He knows I love him, and he willingly places himself in what could be a very dangerous place if it were with someone who did not love him. To become like a child, to crawl up in His lap and just whisper, “Abba, Father, I just want you.” To know that He loves, to know that He protects, and to know that ONLY He has the power to do so.

Paul realized this. And he desires us to realize it to. And if we do, we will walk in worthy manner. That’s not called earning our salvation through works, it is called growing in grace, progressive sanctification.

So, that is my goal for today, to see myself as His prisoner. As a prisoner I have no rights, but I know the one I have entrusted myself to will also see me through it. Sure, it might hurt a little. This is not about my comfort, it is about His love.

No comments: